You are here
TikTalk Your Language!
Everybody knows TikTok. We're taking it one step further. TikTalk Your Language invites you (solo or with friends) to create a short-form video, bringing the language you love to life. Record a video on any topic of interest such as
- how tos
- pop culture
- guided tour
in a language you are learning.
- 60 seconds or less
- Record vertically (portrait mode) on your phone or device (video dimensions should be 1080×1920, aspect ratio 9:16)
- Use the language you are learning
Show your passion for the language(s) you are learning.
The fine print
Deadline is Friday, May 14, 2021.
All submissions will be reviewed by a TikTalk expert panel. The top entries will be posted on the @CornellLRC social media channels and win eternal bragging rights.
Don't get too crazy on these TikTalks. Any content deemed inappropriate by the TikTalk panel will not earn internet fame.
Please name your video yourname-language-topic; for example: SamLupowitz-French-AirConditionerRepair.mp4 / AngelikaKraemer-German-NamingInanimateObjects.mov.
We look forward to seeing what you come up with!
The results are in! Watch the top entries.
Previous language advocacy competitions
Language Advocacy Week: Strut Your Language Desk Sprawl!
Have you settled into your remote language learning (or teaching) sprawl yet? Snacks everywhere? Lucky coffee mug at the ready? Spiral notebook with notes in an amazing language?
Show your love for learning (or teaching) a language through an incredible photo of your sprawl. The Language Resource Center will repost your language sprawl and you can earn the honor of having the best study pad as endorsed by your friends at the LRC and posted on our website! Check out some of our sprawls here and on Instagram @CornellLRC.
Thank you to everybody who participated! Language Advocacy Week (4/27-5/1/2020) was a success. Here are the highlights:
You can continue to spread the love and share your language study sprawl. It’s as easy as 1-2-3:
- Take a photo of your language study desk. Think still life. You (and/or your pet) can be in the photo or not. Entirely up to you.
- Post your entry to Instagram, remembering to tag @CornellLRC and use the hashtag #BigRedLang2020.
- Encourage friends to create their own and share posts from the hashtag with your network.