You are here
Join us at the end of each semester for our LRC Workshop to exchange resources and ideas in an engaging atmosphere. Share your own successful and practical teaching tips with your colleagues. Please email us with ideas and suggestions for future workshop topics.
The 2021 Spring Workshop took place on Monday, May 17 from 10 am - 11 am on Zoom.
The agenda included the following topics:
- News from the LRC
- Consortium updates
- Grant and project reports
- Emilia Mahiques and Alice McAdams: Materials for developing pronunciation and prosodic skills in the Spanish classroom
- Munther Younes and Makda Weatherspoon: Arabic audio materials
- Tim Shenk: Unity across language: Best practices in multilingual organizing for social change
- Zhihong Chen: Multimedia material for Business Chinese instruction
- Meejeong Song and Banu Ozer Griffin: Collaborative curriculum design in LCTLs: Lessons from Korean and Turkish
- Upcoming PD opportunities
The slides from this workshop can be accessed here:
Materials from previous workshops can be accessed below:
- LRC Winter Workshop 2020: Practical tips for effective teaching
- LRC Spring Workshop 2020: Online Learning Community
- LRC Winter Workshop 2019: Enriching language learning at museums
- LRC Spring Workshop 2019: Using Canvas for language learning and teaching
- LRC Winter Workshop 2018: Writing successful grant proposals
CLTL Workshops and Symposia
The Consortium for Language Teaching and Learning also offers regular workshops and symposia for language educators in the consortium.
The 2021 Symposium took place virtually April 30-May 1, 2021. The topic was "Owning the L2 Curriculum" and the symposium, hosted by Princeton University.
The most recent workshop focused on Project-Based Language Teaching and Learning and was held at Yale University on October 25-26, 2019.
The 2020 workshop on proficiency/listening hosted by Brown University has been postponed to October 15-16, 2021 (currently planned for in person). Therefore, there will be no separate call for proposals. The next call to host a workshop in 2022 will open in 2021.