You are here
Volunteer Information & Registration WLD 2019
Who can help?
- Any Cornell undergrad or graduate student (or faculty/staff!) who has an interest in learning about other cultures and languages.
- Students with experience in Cornell language courses, study abroad, international student groups, and majors related to languages or international relations are especially needed.
What's in it for me?
- Free t-shirt
- Free lunch
- Verification of volunteer hours if requested
- But most of all - a lot of fun!
What kinds of volunteer jobs are there?
Volunteers are needed in many different capacities, including:
- Set-up **
- Participant registration **
- Session room monitors
- Staff room/presenter check in
- Registration area and information table
- Escorts around session sites
- General "go-fer" help
Items with a ** are in the morning and are the areas where we have the largest need for volunteers. Signing up for morning availability will guarantee you a fun and busy morning!
What do I have to do?
- Sign up on our website with your contact and availability information. We will take volunteers until all positions have been filled.
- Swing by the Language Resource Center in G04 Stimson Hall to pick up a t-shirt and instructions during one of the volunteer check-in periods (takes 5 minutes):
- Thursday, October 17, 2019 between 2:15-3:15 pm
- Friday, October 18, 2019 between 9:30-10:30 am
- Friday, October 18, 2019 between 4-5 pm
- Volunteer for a block of 3.5 hours on World Languages Day (9-12:30 or 12-3:30 or you can stay for the whole day)
I'm interested! Now what?
Thanks for your interest, and we would love to see you at World Languages Day on October 19, 2019! If you still have questions, email email@example.com and someone will get in touch!