Volunteer Information & Registration WLD 2023
Volunteer registration for WLD 2023 is now closed! We look forward to having you join our team in 2024!
Who can help?
- Any Cornell undergrad or graduate student (or faculty/staff!) who has an interest in learning about other cultures and languages.
- Students with experience in Cornell language courses, study abroad, international student groups, and majors related to languages or international relations are especially needed.
What's in it for me?
- Free t-shirt
- Free lunch
- Verification of volunteer hours if requested
- But most of all - a lot of fun!
What kinds of volunteer jobs are there?
Volunteers are needed in many different capacities, including:
- Set-up **
- Participant registration **
- Session room monitors
- Staff room/presenter check in
- Registration area and information table
- Escorts around session sites
- General "go-fer" help
Items with a ** are in the morning and are the areas where we have the largest need for volunteers. Signing up for morning availability will guarantee you a fun and busy morning!
What do I have to do?
- Complete the volunteer registration and online training in Canvas. Self-enroll here.
- Swing by the Language Resource Center in G04 Stimson Hall to pick up a t-shirt and instructions during one of the express volunteer check-in periods (takes no more than 5 minutes):
- Thursday, October 5 from 9-11 am
- Friday, October 6 from 12-2 pm
- Wednesday, October 11 from 10 am - 3 pm
- Thursday, October 12 from 11 am - 1 pm
- Friday, October 13 from 12-2 pm
- Monday, October 16 from 9-11 am
- Volunteer for a block of 3.5 hours on World Languages Day (9-12:30 or 12-3:30 or you can stay for the whole day)
I'm interested! Now what?
Thanks for your interest, and we would love to see you at World Languages Day on October 21, 2023! If you still have questions, email email@example.com and we will get in touch!